Tag Archives: capital gain

Tax tips principal residence

New starting 2016: if you sold your principal residence, you have to report the sale on Schedule 3 and Form T2091. You do not have to pay tax on any gain from the sale because of the principal residence exemption. Change in usage from principal residence to rental or business is deemed disposition and has to be reported.  There is a penalty for non reporting.

Principal residence reporting

Fir more details please see the link to CRA website: